- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 lbs of potatoes, washed with the skin on
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk
- garlic, 4 cloves peeled and whole
- ½ cup of yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle dried dill on top of potatoes when serving: optional
- First, dice up your potatoes and cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Put potatoes, cauliflower and garlic all into a large pot, add in enough water to completely cover the potatoes and cauliflower (but only just) and then simmer until soft (once it starts simmering, leave it on about 30 minutes).
- Once cooked, drain the water out, and then put cauliflower, potatoes and garlic back into the pot.
- Take a sharp knife and kind of chop through your potatoes and cauliflower while they’re still in the pot, just to make the chunks a bit smaller
- Add in olive oil, yogurt and 1 cup of milk and blend and then take a hand-held blender or immersion blender to them to blend until smooth, the texture of normal mashed potatoes. If needed, add another 1/2 cup milk and blend.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, and then serve and enjoy!